Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Hey, book friends! I have a confession. I made a mistake. I started The Book Thief before I finished We Band of Angels and I can't put it (Book Thief) down. A look at war from the eyes of children and women on opposite sides of the globe, same horrific war, different terrors, unbelievable experiences, some true, some based on truth. . Both stories with a common character, Death, silent but present in one and acting as narrator in the other. Cindy, please excuse the grammar errors. Give me a creative break. I did at least use caps and punctuation.

4 comments:

ckbeck said...

I, too, really enjoyed The Book Thief. Didn't you love the scene of the little boy pretending to be Jesse Owens?

I have to admit I have not started We Band of Angels yet! There were some major problems with our online classes at PTC this semester, and I am having to rebuild mine! I hope to get it read this weekend!

Debbie said...

I finished up the Book Thief to pass it on to you Monday evening. Book Thief is a good book, however We Band of Angels is too. It is just a history rather than a novel.

ckbeck said...

I started We Band of Angels this evening. It is very interesting so far. I kept stopping to tell Terry about something I had just read while he was trying to watch tv! I have had to stop as I can't watch the basketball game and read at the same time!

ksnyder said...

I have finished both books and really enjoyed both.