Friday, December 12, 2008

Possible Service Project

As Karen previously stated, last night was wonderful. I'm so glad I was able to get out for it. I was worn out when I got home, but I would have hated missing it. There are a couple of recipes I want after last night. Maybe each person could just post her recipe from last night here on the blog. That would seem like an easy way to do it.

I hate that I didn't mention this last night. I had meant to and forgot. We have talked a few times in the past about doing some type of service project, and, in my opinion, a perfect one found its way to my email.

PTC is having a book drive. They are asking for new, or at least like-new, children's books for a family literacy day that the PTC library has hosted the last couple of years. What they do is encourage students to bring their children to the library that day for readings, games, snacks, etc. They would like to have enough books for each child to be able to take one home. In the past, there have not been enough books.

My hope is that if the group is agreed, each of us could bring a children's book to the January - April meetings. At that time, we could either continue collecting for the 2010 Family Literacy Day or move on to another project.

So, what does everyone think?

3 comments:

Kaye said...

I think that's a great idea! I'm in!

jpd said...

I have alot stored up for give away so we are in at our house.

ksnyder said...

I've got some too that I can donate as well. We could even round up donations from friends.